SPORTS: Stadiums with Captioning – Go Teams!
January 3, 2012 §
Taking this from new article by Jamie Berke on About.com – a popular dot.com online.
From this interview with Jen Bonfilio here: http://deafness.about.com/od/captioning/a/stadium_captioning.htm
Go teams! of all sorts…your favorite sports teams, the teams in and related to CCAC who work on this regularly too, and the teams yet to be created for the Mission – inclusion of quality captioning universally – make it happen and tell us about it.
Teams of providers, teams of advocates, teams of consumers, teams of companies in technology and access that are expanding services and products as we type. We need to collaborate more, even when competition and marketing challenges, sometimes even too many choices (?) are evident. Become invigorated, and keep talking.
An excerpt only from the online article:
Speaking about Stadiums that already have captioning, here’s a beginning listing below, feel free to make it grow!
Q: Is there a directory online anywhere of all stadiums and arenas offering captioning? If not, can you give a few examples of places from around the country?
A: No, I don’t believe a directory exists. Sounds like a good idea for a project! A few examples would be:
- Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ (Arizona State University football)
- District of Columbia
- FedEx Field, Washington, D.C. (Washington Redskins)
- Nationals Park, Washington, D.C. (Washington Nationals)
- Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL (University of Florida football)
- Target Stadium, Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota Twins)
- New Jersey
- MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ (New York Giants and New York Jets and college football)
- New York
- Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY (New York Yankees)
- LP Field, Nashville, TN (Tennessee Titans)
- Cowboy Stadium, Dallas, TX (Dallas Cowboys)