CCAC Teams are Hot – Join One Soon – Your Voice Counts in the CCAC
October 14, 2015 Comments Off on CCAC Teams are Hot – Join One Soon – Your Voice Counts in the CCAC
We’ve started working in teams online – using google hangouts (chats) that we keep open so you add your ideas and actions any time you have time. It works! Live online, anytime. This is in addition to the active CCAC forum online for all CCAC members. Both users, friends, and providers are invited to help on a team soon.
Here’s a list of CCAC CAPS (captioning advocacy projects) and Teams – pick one or more than one to join and we’ll roll out a red carpet welcome for you (virtually)!
TEAMS TO WORK WITH CCAC FOR:
- FREE CART – CCAC GRANTS FOR LIVE EVENT CAPTIONING – read link -http://ccacaptioning.org/ccac-sponsorship-for-cart-a-new-captioning-advocacy-program/. CCAC has 3 grant programs on offer to eligible events or conferences and individuals. TEAM will market them, do outreach, review and discuss the program in all aspects. CCAC has given some grants, see the link; and we want more applications. Consumers, Providers, Others – help on this soon please.
- CAPTIONS CAPTURE THE VOTES – please read all the information on this CCAC website, http://ccacaptioning.org/captions-capture-the-votes/ and there is also a CCAC FB page dedicated to this advocacy. Anyone selects a candidate of their own choice, locally, state-wide, or nationally (in any country). Pres. of CCAC coordinates and advocates with all.
- MEDIA ONLINE TO HAVE QUALITY CAPTIONING, e.g. TechCrunch? Mashable? Onion? – team has good discussions, sent great captioning advocacy letter to first target company, no replies yet, and first target to be public very soon! Please help. (updated today 10/14).
- AIR TRAVEL ACCESS – CCAC has a Flyer for this and it started when Sen. Harkin was still in the USA Senate last year. There is always interest in this, not only in the USA, and a team here would expand or develop it in any way that makes sense. Consumers, providers, all welcome, and internationals too. A team needs at least 3 people.
- CAPTIONING TRAINING – CCAC gets emails all the time from individuals and groups about how to start some captioning training, primarily inquiries from outside the USA< but also in the USA and we have offered many ideas to many. A team is needed to follow up and use the document, improve it, and help areas ensure they have enough providers. Collaborations with schools, individuals, other organizations always welcome (for this CAP or any of them).
- 2nd CCAC FILM – Many ask us for a 2nd film to follow up on first very popular CCAC film. Lots of energy needed, funding, and more. Film-makers, fund-raisers, and others all invited to join this team.
- GOVERNMENT MEETINGS need Live Captioning – added this CAP 9.14.15 due to active discussion in CCAC members’ forum. More team members please. Many interested in live captions for city government meetings; what about your state legislatures online?
EMAIL NOW TO CCACAPTIONING.ORG – CCAC MEMBERS AND OTHERS. COOPERATION WITH ALL OTHER DEAF/DEAFENED/DEAF GROUPS ALSO INVITED. COLLABORATION IS IN OUR NAME.