FACEBOOK STREAMS ALL NEED CAPTIONS – NOW
January 28, 2017 Comments Off on FACEBOOK STREAMS ALL NEED CAPTIONS – NOW
SOCIAL MEDIA IS SO IMPORTANT TO THE WORLD – FOR ALL OF US.
Social media online are where we read the NEWS, every day. They are how we keep in touch with family and friends. It’s where most of us as citizens of any country want to learn more, think with others, and share information.
Information and communication is vital for healthy living. And with communication, good relationships get better.
FACEBOOK is one of the world’s most popular news media now. It also has a lot of entertainment. It also has educational events.
Yet the many videos and LIVE STREAMS now online, on Facebook and other places, mostly lack QUALITY CAPTIONING.
WHY CAPTION? There are so many good reasons. Only a few of them we’ll list again here:
1. Captions allow people to watch the stream or video even in quiet places, even in noisy places, even at work.
2. Millions and millions require captioning to have “equal communication access” and be included in all societies. Why? They don’t hear well, they are deaf, or they have one of many other conditions where reading captioning helps hugely (e.g. tinnitus, auditory processing differences, autism, more).
3. In the USA alone, there are about 50 million good people with hearing loss or deafness now. Good research suggests hearing loss affects one in five people everywhere, of all ages.
4. Facebook does have a system for anyone to add captioning to their videos. People must be encouraged (even required some of us say) to use it.
5. For Live Streams online, does Facebook make it easy? We need to find out soon! We are told by one provider that it’s as simple as using Streamtext online. If you have more info, please send it to us soon.
6. With captioning for any live streaming, you will have a ready record of the event for yourself and many others.
Yes, it costs some money for live captioning. We’re all worth it. Your audience will grow, and you are worth it too. It’s not going to break any bank.
Just do it.
Here is a general information page from FB for live streaming. No mention of live captioning.
CCACAPTIONING.ORG has more information. Look under the Advocacy tag and read down. Send us your questions and comments please.
access and inclusion of millions and millions with hearing loss or deafness
Another Caption Technology of Interest
January 27, 2017 Comments Off on Another Caption Technology of Interest
A few CCAC members seem very interested in this update also – hope it may help some reading here? If it does, please DO tell us – we really appreciate feedback.
What do you think? The title of this post says “another” because there is another good post here about how to do captioning – can you find it? We hope so.
PLEASE TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS CCAC BLOG. TELL THEM TO SUBSCRIBE ALSO.
CCAC – PLACE TO BE FOR CAPTIONING ADVOCACY
WHAT DO WE DO?
WE ADVOCATE, EDUCATE, AND RAISE AWARENESS – JOIN THE CCAC SOON.
This is how we feel when we find QUALITY CAPTIONING on media and for a live event we would love to attend:
Theater Captioning -by Arlene
January 23, 2017 Comments Off on Theater Captioning -by Arlene
Hi everyone – this is an oldie but goodie, and it is a great record of history made for captioning. For access and inclusion! For equal communication for so many thousands who need “live event captioning.” Enjoy reading, and we hope all of you find theater captioning in your own areas.
Do you? In fact, one CCAC member right now is advocating strongly and well in his area (a Western state). Much to do. Tell us how CCAC might be able to help.
By Arlene in 2013 – Arlene is a CCAC member too.
CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY – JANUARY UPDATE
January 16, 2017 Comments Off on CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY – JANUARY UPDATE
GREETINGS ALL MEMBERS, FRIENDS, FOLLOWERS, AND FANS,
CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA – FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND REGULARLY ON LINKEDIN.
WE HAVE A MOST INFORMATIVE DAILY PRIVATE MEMBERS’ FORUM ONLINE FOR NEWS, SUPPORT, ADVOCACY AND MORE. JOIN THE CCAC TO PARTICIPATE.
WE EMAIL WITH COLLEAGUES AND OTHERS ABOUT CAPTIONING ADVOCACY MATTERS.
WE MAINTAIN THE CCAC WEBPAGES – MANY – FOR RESOURCES FOR THE WORLD
WE MANAGE THIS BLOG ALSO
YOUR VOICE INVITED! CAPTIONING ADVOCACY IS A TASK THAT IS VALUABLE. YOUR IDEAS, QUESTIONS, AND ENERGIES WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. MUCH ACCOMPLISHED, AND MUCH TO DO! QUALITY CAPTIONING IS MISSING IN TOO MANY PLACES.
JANUARY CCAC ADVOCACY SO FAR – SELECTED EXAMPLES
1. Members discussed a new video about the well-known wheelchair ACCESS symbol and saw that CAPTIONING was not mentioned among many symbols for many other disabilities. What to do?
2. A national human rights organization replied to the CCAC that they would add CC to their new video ASAP and to all future videos too.
3. The website of the first fabulous CAPTION STUDIES CONFERENCE is available online from August yet still needs CC added to a few presentations from those two days chock full of great information. We’re pushing to get that done, and would like to refer to the conference’s content for continuing and new captioning advocacy needed.
4. We continue to work on the design of the new CCAC website that will be more user-friendly and accessible. Stay tuned.
5. A useful document about how to talk to Congress was distributed to CCAC members and others. Many are concerned about potential changes across the USA and in other countries also that may damage or reduce resources for people with disability.
and much more…
CCACAPTIONING.ORG Official Non-Profit Citizen Captioning Advocates. CCAC Mission-Inclusion of Quality Captioning Universally.
twitter.com/CCACaptioning, http://www.facebook.com/ccac.captioning, http://www.youtube.com/user/CCACORG/videos, http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-Deaf-Love-Captioning/dp/1515135799
Guest blogposts invited, welcome, and needed please. Email yours to us soon.
The CCAC webpages take donations of any size (using PayPal) if you care to support our efforts for an accessible and inclusive world.
New captioning advocacy suggestions also invited and welcome.
The time is now!
We aim to REV up this Captioning Blog!
January 8, 2017 Comments Off on We aim to REV up this Captioning Blog!
Aiming to rev up this CCAC blog – and we invite your reading regularly, comments, discussion, polite agreements or disagreements, and very importantly too, your own guest blogposts please – all for the CCAC Mission:
INCLUSION OF QUALITY CAPTIONING UNIVERSALLY
ALL MEDIA EVERYPLACE AND LIVE EVENTS TOO
Your own submission for a blogpost can be:
a. short or longer
b. about any smaller detail about captioning added or missing
c. or a larger topic about captioning advocacy
d. some success story of your own
e. some frustrations encountered
f. some new ideas about how to advocate more
g. some discussion of one of the ongoing CCAC captioning advocacy projects (see website)
h. or ?
LET’S TALK CAPTIONING!
EMAIL YOUR BLOGPOST OR QUESTION TO CCACAPTIONING@gmail.com
READ OUR WEBSITE – CCACAPTIONING.ORG for ideas
CCAC – THE PLACE TO BE FOR CAPTIONING ADVOCACY
LOTS ACCOMPLISHED AND LOTS MORE TO DO
WITH YOU HELP.
Photo at the UN with Live Event Captioning on both screens. Vital. Important. Does your meeting have live captioning?
You must be logged in to post a comment.