CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY – JANUARY UPDATE
January 16, 2017 Comments Off on CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY – JANUARY UPDATE
GREETINGS ALL MEMBERS, FRIENDS, FOLLOWERS, AND FANS,
CCAC ADVOCATES EVERY DAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA – FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND REGULARLY ON LINKEDIN.
WE HAVE A MOST INFORMATIVE DAILY PRIVATE MEMBERS’ FORUM ONLINE FOR NEWS, SUPPORT, ADVOCACY AND MORE. JOIN THE CCAC TO PARTICIPATE.
WE EMAIL WITH COLLEAGUES AND OTHERS ABOUT CAPTIONING ADVOCACY MATTERS.
WE MAINTAIN THE CCAC WEBPAGES – MANY – FOR RESOURCES FOR THE WORLD
WE MANAGE THIS BLOG ALSO
YOUR VOICE INVITED! CAPTIONING ADVOCACY IS A TASK THAT IS VALUABLE. YOUR IDEAS, QUESTIONS, AND ENERGIES WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. MUCH ACCOMPLISHED, AND MUCH TO DO! QUALITY CAPTIONING IS MISSING IN TOO MANY PLACES.
JANUARY CCAC ADVOCACY SO FAR – SELECTED EXAMPLES
1. Members discussed a new video about the well-known wheelchair ACCESS symbol and saw that CAPTIONING was not mentioned among many symbols for many other disabilities. What to do?
2. A national human rights organization replied to the CCAC that they would add CC to their new video ASAP and to all future videos too.
3. The website of the first fabulous CAPTION STUDIES CONFERENCE is available online from August yet still needs CC added to a few presentations from those two days chock full of great information. We’re pushing to get that done, and would like to refer to the conference’s content for continuing and new captioning advocacy needed.
4. We continue to work on the design of the new CCAC website that will be more user-friendly and accessible. Stay tuned.
5. A useful document about how to talk to Congress was distributed to CCAC members and others. Many are concerned about potential changes across the USA and in other countries also that may damage or reduce resources for people with disability.
and much more…
CCACAPTIONING.ORG Official Non-Profit Citizen Captioning Advocates. CCAC Mission-Inclusion of Quality Captioning Universally.
twitter.com/CCACaptioning, http://www.facebook.com/ccac.captioning, http://www.youtube.com/user/CCACORG/videos, http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-Deaf-Love-Captioning/dp/1515135799
Guest blogposts invited, welcome, and needed please. Email yours to us soon.
The CCAC webpages take donations of any size (using PayPal) if you care to support our efforts for an accessible and inclusive world.
New captioning advocacy suggestions also invited and welcome.
The time is now!